As the Manager – Service Delivery Group you have accountability for the delivery of day-to-day services and operations within the business. You have oversight of the Service Delivery Group (Corporate Services, Service Delivery Management, Engagement Support Services and People Support Services) and work closely with our staff and consultants to ensure services are focussed on the client, are co-creative, and always create an exceptional client experience. This role is critical in the emerging Service Delivery Group’s growth and development and for The Project Lab to achieve its vision and implement its strategy.
As a Senior Consultant you are relied upon as a service delivery expert to identify client needs and oversee the delivery of services within the context of the business. You are an empowering expert, where you lead with empathy to the expectations, needs and desires of our clients, staff and consultants. In addition, you combine your knowledge, expertise, energy and skills to ensure your team grows, develops and delivers valuable and relevant outcomes for clients. You have a strong commercial mindset and will use this to ensure that our Service Delivery Group continually improves to deliver more value for our clients.
You are highly competent, comfortable working autonomously and have demonstrated experience in building and working with dynamic and cross-disciplinary teams. You can think on your feet, know when and how to escalate a problem, and don’t shy away from challenging situations. You demonstrate advanced people skills actively listen, encourage others, convey reliable facts and build rapport in difficult situations to achieve the vision.
You actively pursue opportunities to mentor and guide those who are less experienced, and regularly partake in activities to increase the overall learning and development of other members of the Project Lab.
Your passion and drive for exceptional service delivery quality stands out, as does your ability to consistently exceed client experience expectations.
You promote and practice the Project Lab’s values and actively lead in creating a positive culture.
- Provide expert knowledge and leadership in Service Delivery operations focussed around a client-centred and co-creative approach that is consistently sequenced, evidence-based and holistic.
- Ensure that your teams deliver within agreed service level (quality and performance) and balance this with an agreed level of customer and client experience.
- Manage the Service Delivery Group Team Leaders and hold them accountable for carrying out the required processes and tasks in different stages of the delivery process.
- Work closely with the Project Lab’s Executive Team and Leaders to develop and grow the Service Delivery Group.
- Create, continually refine and document effective systems to ensure that processes are efficient, cost-effective, reduce wastage and ensure consistently high client service delivery.
- Ensure that all services are embedded within a best-practice framework for operation (for example, ITIL-based) that allows for a variety of service operating and business models.
- Build partnerships and liaise with the service delivery team to determine services, the criteria for delivery of those services and how to develop solutions to any issues as they arise.
- Undertake multiple engagements simultaneously whilst ensuring appropriate reporting/escalation, excellent client communication and engagement, and delivering agreed outcomes with a high level of proficiency and quality.
- Organise and facilitate meetings with clients ensuring outcomes are defined and achieved.
- Manage stakeholder expectations including assessing feedback and improving procedures accordingly to ensure that great service is provided at all times.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to build organisational capability, service delivery effectiveness and deliver on the business vision and values of the Project Lab.
- Support the directors with strategic and business planning activities.
- Escalate any issues or challenges relating to service delivery where client outcomes or Project Lab commercial objectives may be at risk in a timely manner.
- Regularly seek to improve your working knowledge relating to Service Delivery through learning activities such as courses and events.
- Mentor and guide other consultants, ensuring learning and development opportunities are shared with fellow consultants.
Skills and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management or similar (Certification relevant to Service Management)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in service-related management role.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and skills in building, motivating and leading teams effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in creating professional development pathways to ensure that junior employees have the knowledge they need to do their jobs well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in facilitating communication, developing meaningful relationships and rapport with clients and teams and negotiate and persuade to achieve the required outcomes.
- Experience in managing participatory design approaches such as human-centred design and co-design to ensure that customer and client voices are present in the delivery and continual improvement of services.
- Experience in project management, and consulting activities with a strong commercial mindset.
- Experience working with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided and influence them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong technical IT skills.
- Accuracy, multitasking skills and attention to detail will be critical.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Embracing change with flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
Position Reports to: Executive Team
Direct Reports: 6+
Permanent: Full-time - 5 days per week (37.5 hours) generally between 8:30am and 5:30pm. Flexible working hours (including more than 8 hours/day) may be required at times where critical project deliverables are subject to time pressures.
For any questions related to this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org