As a Senior Consultant in the Analysis Practice at The Project Lab, you work with our clients to help them understand their business and their potential. You are relied upon as a subject matter expert for both internal and external activities and projects. From time to time, you will lead teams in the delivery of specific outcomes.
As a Senior Consultant you have a specialisation, a Practitioner level of training and a well-developed career in Business Analysis, Business Improvement or a related field. You have a deep understanding of your chosen practice and are an expert in business analysis activities such as requirements elicitation, using modelling and analysis techniques, and articulating these in appropriate documentation. You are an empowering expert and combine your knowledge, skills and energy to create valuable and relevant outcomes to clients.
You are highly competent, can work autonomously and work well in teams. As someone established in your career, your passion and drive to share your expert knowledge will stand out. You actively listen, encourage others, convey reliable facts and build rapport in difficult situations to achieve the vision. You are customer-oriented and have a strong commercial mindset.
You have advanced people skills and can facilitate communication, develop meaningful relationships and rapport with clients, and negotiate and persuade to achieve the required outcome.
You will actively pursue opportunities to mentor and guide those who are less experienced, and regularly partake in activities to increase the overall learning and development of other members of The Project Lab.
- Be an expert in key areas of Business Analysis and Improvement (requirements elicitation, design activities, quality management, workshop facilitation, data analysis, process mapping and engineering, risk management and strategy development) for our clients.
- Support the teams across the Project Lab business (e.g Sales, Service Delivery, People) by providing specialist knowledge and advice in your practice area.
- Organise and facilitate meetings with clients ensuring outcomes are defined and achieved.
- Lead options analysis and design activities ensuring all parties (project team, client, stakeholders) understand business and solution design options.
- Work autonomously, as part of a team, or lead teams in dynamic project environments often undertaking multiple engagements simultaneously whilst delivering agreed outcomes with a high level of proficiency and quality.
- Initiate, influence and maintain relationships with team members, other project teams, stakeholders and client groups to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Lead and undertake specified research, investigation and information gathering tasks, record and present the findings with internal and external clients.
- Design and develop analysis tasks for you and your team, ensuring commitments to timeframes and budget are met.
- Create and present information using any prescribed templates, or create templates where required. You will share created templates with the Service Delivery team to allow broader use across the organisation.
- Escalate any issues or challenges relating to an engagement where client outcomes or Project Lab commercial objectives may be at risk.
- Regularly seek to improve your working knowledge relating to Business Analysis through learning activities such as courses and events.
- Mentor and guide other consultants, ensuring learning and development opportunities are shared with fellow consultants.
Skills and experience:
- A degree in Business, IT, Engineering, an MBA (or certifications in a relevant field e.g Lean/Six Sigma).
- A minimum of 7 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge in business analysis and improvement activities (elicitation, modelling and analysis techniques / methods, project management), including process/value stream mapping, waste elimination and improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer experience specifically customer and user journey mapping.
- Experience in working with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function or product provided and influence them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience in workshop facilitation, stakeholder engagement and process mapping and experienced in articulate findings in appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in leading teams.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Advanced people / soft skills with demonstrated experience in facilitating communication, developing meaningful relationships and rapport with clients, and negotiating and persuading to achieve the required outcome.
- Strong IT skills.
- Strong commercial mindset.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills to research, analyse, synchronise and present ideas to stakeholders particularly where there are high levels of ambiguity.
- Accuracy, multitasking skills and attention to detail will be critical.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Embracing change with flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
Engagement Type: Multiple casual or subcontractor opportunities to join our team with the potential to progress to permanent roles.