Role: Advisory Consultants - Multiple Roles
The Project Lab are seeking to grow our advisory and consulting (Growth) team with multiple roles that require the same consultative mindset across varying levels of experience and capabilities. The description and responsibilities below are shared across all roles of the advisory and consulting team.
As a member of our advisory and consulting team, you are responsible for supporting the growth across the business. These role falls under the direction of Head of Growth and work closely with our growth team, staff and consultants to ensure our services are client focussed and there is a continuous pipeline of work.
You have demonstrated passion, knowledge and experience bringing positive change to businesses. You must have a knowledge of Business Management disciplines and be able to employ various organisational strategies and problem-solving skills to advance a client’s goals.
As the go-to people for clients wishing to improve on known issues, our Consultants build long term relationship and develop a deep understanding of client organisations by addressing areas such as cost structure, revenue capture, capability sourcing and business process redesign, among others.
To deliver client value and build trust, you must focus on leveraging Project Lab capabilities to deliver solutions to enable organisational success.
You are highly competent, can work autonomously and have demonstrated experience in both building, and working with, with dynamic and cross-disciplinary teams. You can think on your feet, know when and how to resolve a problem, and don’t shy away from challenging situations. You demonstrate advanced people skills, actively listen, encourage others, convey reliable facts and build rapport in difficult situations to achieve the vision. You have a strong professional network, established overtime based on trusted relationships. Your passion and drive for business growth stands out, as does your ability to consistently exceed client experience expectations.
You actively pursue professional development opportunities, for yourself and others. You mentor and guide those who are less experienced.
Our Brand Purpose is to Make it Matter. It’s why we get out of bed, it’s what we pause and consider before making the best decisions for our clients and it’s at the front of mind when thinking of our colleagues. Our purpose is supported and underpinned by our core values of Care, Waste Not, Do the right thing, No ego and Fun. You will be accountable in promoting and practicing the Project Lab's values and actively create a positive culture and impact through the projects you deliver.
These roles are critical to the Project Lab’s ability to achieve its vision and execution of its strategy in the most efficient and effective way possible.
Responsibilities of our Growth Team Members:
* Drive a continuous pipeline of work through identifying, scoping and securing opportunities.
* Own the development of business proposals and scope of works that; deliver client value, have appropriate quality and accountability through the engagement with presales Subject Matter Experts, and are financially viable to Project Lab.
* Build strong relationships with existing and prospective clients with a goal for repeat business.
* Negotiate project terms and conditions with clients as needed.
* Implement initiatives to understand client future needs and feed into account planning.
* Manage any issues or challenges relating to an engagement where client outcomes or Project Lab commercial objectives may be at risk.
* Identify potential customers through networking, referrals, and communities.
* Work collaboratively with other members of the Growth team to pursue strategic priorities for The Project Lab and have a positive contribution to the growth of the team.
* Work with the Product team to enable the development of consulting products that are desirable, feasible and viable.
* Work with the Service Delivery Team to support the effective delivery of projects for accounts undermanagement.
* Work autonomously, as part of a team, or lead teams in dynamic project environments often undertaking multiple engagements simultaneously whilst delivering agreed outcomes with a high level of proficiency and quality.
* Lead the initiation, influencing and maintaining of relationships with team members, other project teams, stakeholders and client groups to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Mentor and guide other consultants, ensuring learning and development opportunities are shared with fellow consultants.
* Identify and precisely match clients' needs to the Project Lab capabilities.
* Identify markets needs that are in line with the Project Lab’s vision and strategy.
Skills and experience:
* Qualifications/certifications in Business, Finance, Management Consulting, IT, Engineering
* Experience in business or management consulting, business analysis or a related field
* Commitment to ongoing professional development
* Commercial acumen validated by the market
* Experienced in leading the drive of a continuous pipeline of work
* Demonstrated skills and experience in leading and working with high performing teams
* Demonstrated experience inleading the effective delivery of projects.
* Experienced in engaging and negotiating at multiple levels to influence, listen (seek to understand)
* Exceptional analytical, critical and conceptual thinking skills
* High level communication skills
* High Emotional Intelligence to understand and negotiate with stakeholders
* Exceptional ability to identify with markets needs that are in line with vision and strategy
* Ability to match client needs with suitably qualified people
* Ability to develop/leverage networks or associations as possible pipelines of lead generation
* Exceptional ability to present/pitch in forums that generate signed engagements
* Experience in identifying and documenting client problems, the impact of the problem, solutions and the benefit the client will get once our solution is implemented.
* Critical analysis and ability to understand how tools and techniques intertwine.
Position Reports to: Head of Growth
Location: Hobart but open to other locations within Tasmania